Inspiration

This has been discussed previously in this blog, but I do have one very important and defining characteristic: I'm lazy.

This makes for an interesting dichotomy for someone training for marathons and doing P90X.  It's a constant mental struggle to just workout instead of playing video games or run a bit instead of sleeping, when I have to work a lot it certainly doesn't make it any easier.  I still do a reasonable job but I need to do better...and I will.

The only real reason I keep myself doing it is simple: my wife is awesome.  She can wake up, do some P90X, drive to work, work all day and evening and come home.  Then she will go running with me, clean up, fix lunches, hang out real quick and go to bed.  Rinse and repeat.

I don't think I need to break down my day, but I will for the sake of fairness.  Wake up, maybe do Abs, head to work, come home, play video games, consider doing P90x, run if Mel is running with me, few beers, video games (assuming I'm not in classes), go to bed.  Rinse and repeat.

Personally, I like my way better...but those little caveats of me working out during the day wouldn't happen if my wife wasn't so amazing. So thank you Jean-Jacket Woman (tm), you make me a slightly less completely lazy and incrementally better man.....and no one else could.

2 Comments:

Unknown said...

Fact!!!!

I once saw him be late to work because he over slept. He had to work at 5PM.

I once saw him bury himself in the Topless Room under dishes, food wrappers, and beer cans.

Michael T said...

In all fairness, that trash was probably the cleanest thing in that room.

Post a Comment